Moksha Patam, also known as Snakes and Ladders by the Britishers, is a traditional board game played in India. Here are the basic rules of the game:
Order, Download and Print the downloaded Moksha Patam from lokahitam.com website.
- Players: The game can be played by two or more players. Each player needs a token or a piece to move on the board.
- The Board: The board has a grid of 108 boxes, numbered from 1 to 108. The boxes are connected by ladders and snakes.
- Gameplay: The game starts with all the players keeping their tokens at box 1. They take turns to roll a dice and move their token accordingly.
- Ladders: If a player lands on the bottom of a ladder, they climb up to the box at the top of the ladder.
- Snakes: If a player lands on the head of a snake, they slide down to the box at the tail of the snake.
- Winning: The player who reaches box 108 first wins the game i.e, attains the Moksha.
- Extra turns: If a player rolls a 6, they get an extra turn.
- Penalty: If a player lands on a box with a snake head or a penalty, they have to move back to a lower box.
Observe the text at Snakes and Ladders. By doing the good deeds one can board on to the ladder and reach the heights. Similarly by doing the bad deeds you will be bitten and fell down in your life.
It is a fun game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and learn a lot for the life .